Monday, February 11, 2013

The Man Of the Universe

That juncture when every emotion and feeling inside, bursts like a dam and everything rushes out of you like a fountain of new found twilight. Good feelings, bad feelings, all intertwined in a surreal tangle of pleasure, pain and serenity. Nothing is ever just good or just bad, when what I feel for you is so real, it feels surreal. The amount of time it took for me to fall in love with you is not too short a spell, when you and I coexist the way that we do. I have fallen in love with the ardent beauty that is you, the traveling man, ever so mercurial. Every inch of your soul screams for that which you are constantly searching for. Finding beauty in every molecule, every organism. You swept into my life with such destructive vehemence, that embracing the power and will that possess you, both your strength and weakness, was but all I could do.

You saw right through me, cracked at the very wall I had put up. The intensity between you and I has not faded, but grown, and although you are a mass of contradictions, you are my man of the universe, the worldly traveler, searching and searching still. You have inspired me to look at life through different eyes, to grow within myself, and embrace moments. You linger within me, and my soul stills when you are near.

I saw you in the darkness of the night
A silhouette under the moonlight, the vast ocean surrounding you
The sand between my toes, your hand at the small of my back
Intensity exuding back and fourth, seeking a safe haven, in fear of bursting into flames
What happened? Where did we falter?
We were two different souls, wanting two different things, yet wanting one another
I fight a daily war, a battlefield of love drowning me, consuming me
But knowing you, knowing me, knowing us, I resist the fight
I have to

I am compelled
One look, one moment, one memory
And should that be all I take from this destructive affair, then I am content
I will revel in the perfect moment we shared

I will stride past you on your odyssey though, not beside you
Fearful of being dropped off at a destination that is not meant for us
Though spiritually I will glide, like the eagle in the sky, waiting, watching until the time is met
Your life consumes you; there is no volume for all of me, the shades that make up my very existence
It saddens me
You acquainted me with my seventh shade, shed light on a suppressed trait
Opened my eyes to the beauty that surrounds me everyday
I cannot, I will not destroy the memory of the night I fell in love your existence in this contradicting world.

No comments:

Post a Comment