Sunday, February 17, 2013

Past, Present, Future


Although we do not see eye to eye occasionally,
You are my rock, my mentor, my teacher
Contradictory to our differences, past, present, future
I count my blessings every minute of every day
That God sent me your way
My love for you never falters, nor ever dwindles,
And my life, because of you, will never be swindled.
Tomes will be written of the life I so encountered, much thanks to you
Much appreciation I endeavour for you to behold, to behold so true
Trials and tribulations have been encountered,
But you, mother, have not discounted,
From kin, from friends, from loved ones
Loved ones, that hold you so dear
Selfless, patient, altruistic, gracious,
Characteristics of you, who, bore me, cradled me, wiped away my tears,
In times of extremity, times of hardship, times of happiness
Your love has not faltered, never dissipated
Your true self, that which defines you as a mother, reflects in me, as your daughter
A daughter, idolizing her mother, past, present, future,
Always
Together we will walk the journey that has been set before us
Forever hand in hand, forever connected through blood, through kin, through love
And my future, unforetold, will be defined, be determined by aspirations
Aspirations that I have set in hopes to make my mother proud
Although I do not always make you happy, and we do not always agree,
Remember this,
My love for you mother, is ever unconditional, ever true, and ever sacrificing
I have you to thank for the person I am, for the life I have
My times of need have been eased by your presence
My times of happiness have been basqued in by your love
Thank you, and thank you, and thank you for being you,
My mother, my friend, my mentor, my teacher,
My past, present and future

Happy Birthday mom, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment