Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Matters of the Mind

I have failed, yet I have succeeded
And I will write tomes of these experiences, and my endeavors
My pen will dance til the morning sun
And the black and blue bags under my eyes will tell you a story
A story that may not be your cup of tea
But rather your shot of patron
I will always say or do something you may not condone
But everything I endeavor to do will be because it resonates within me
I have seen the darkness, and I have basqued in the twilight
I have neared the end of a winding journey of faith
But have been pulled back by miracles
I have seen death not warranted, and I have witnessed life anew
And during all the turmoil, I have found salvation and kissed it's very cheek
I am mercurial, I cannot change that
"Do I really want to"? is the question that lays before me
There is a war in my mind, a battle for freedom and fear
Freedom of a life of norms, and monotony
Fear for sanity, and insanity simultaneously
I will never be perfect, and my shades are proof of that
But it is whether you will accept my imperfections, and it is your right not to
I stand before the world, my six shades, and I 
Forever together, forever alone
The battle remains, which shade will win
Can I live with the loss of the very molecules and shades that is me?
Why should I define myself with one shade, 
When six is my number, and six is me!

Image by smashingmagazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment