Monday, January 28, 2013

6 Shades of ME!

So, the underlying truth of that which is me, is that I suffer from a disease of which I am certain is my occasional downfall. Nevertheless, it contributes to the beauty of imperfection. The imperfection of a human being, I think, would be the beautiful quality that shines through, because lets face it, who is perfect? Certainly not I. Actually, far from it.

This is a tale of my many imperfections, and how the world around me views who I am, what I am, and who or what I am doing. You see, the problem with the majority of society today, is that we have an unquenchable thirst or need, if you will, for people to like us, and accept us. To be part of a group, a clique, a world that is acceptable in the eyes of the People, Them, They! Who are the People? Who are They? Who are the infinite Them? Who gave them the right to "write" a rule book on what should be acceptable? I'll tell you a little secret, They/ Them/ the People, vanished off the face of the earth about a minute ago. They NO longer matter in your life. BE who you inspire to be. The only person holding you back in your life is YOU! Man up, and stand up for what YOU believe in.

Follow me on my crazy/ beautiful journey of imperfection, and of the 6 Shades of my personality. You'll be introduced to all of the pieces of me, and you'll either like it or you won't.  But take from it, the courage of being the person you were born to be, by not necessarily conforming to my beliefs, but by deriving your own from many. Think of it as a journey to your center, to your very core, where you can stand up and proudly say, "This is Me, accept it, or forget it".

No comments:

Post a Comment