Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Abstract Pain

The ear-shattering silence that envelopes me is unbearable
I find myself weeping for a loss I know not of
Past moments flicker by like lightening during the sunrise
As I reminisce of a time I no longer bethink

The Sensations that encompass my trembling body are nonsensical
Though I comprehend them all too well

A rhythmic pounding begins in my chest
Playing a familiar, lonesome symphony
And as the darkness writhes in
And the silence becomes deafening once more
I hum a new tune,
Unfamiliar to my ear

The realization has now set in
All feeling subsides
Numbness spreads throughout my tender frame
My head bowing to an abstract pain

I sit in the corner of a circular room
Encased by darkness
Shedding light on a lone inky tear that falls to my pale knee
Huddled against my chest
In hopes of binding together the ever-splintering organ that was my heart

And I sing a melody that has no words, no tune
I sing out loud, adding to the silence.
My nails scratch against a wall that isn't there
Leaving behind etches in the troublesome sphere

For the longest juncture of a short time
I remember
I dwell on memories that are not my own
Memories that play merrily in the dark abyss of my insane mind
And although sanity prevails, insanity wins
I am forever a contradiction unto myself

Two minds alike
Two souls entwined
Within one vessel
Inside my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment